VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Confused. How about a list of parts and some drawings of how to get the entire thing done.

Like I said I just got off the phone with tech support at Malone. They were generous with their time, their expertise and their sense of humor but did not quibble. "We don't do that anymore". "We know of people who have been put in jail". "The fines are huge". "Per vehicle". And of course, good luck and happy hunting.
This is completely false. Who did you talk to?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I am a Malone dealer, just talked to him today about it.

Please PM me the number you called because there isn't a tech line, was it a dealer maybe because Malone tech support is 100% via dealers and e-mail because Mark Malone is hearing impaired.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called Malone Diesel in Dripping Springs.
I got the number from Google.

convo:
female answered.
"please let me talk to someone technical about products and services for a 2010 VW Jetta TDI emissions equipment"
call transfered; male answered
"how may we help you"
"I have a 2010 VW Jetta TDI with the CEL on diagnosed by the dealer as a clogged DPF and EGR filters. They want $4000 to replace these. I want to delete the DPF, etc filters and no-op the sensors as the car is out of warranty, and I don't want to spend $40000 and then spend another $4000 in 4 years".
"Sorry, legally we have decided that we don't do any of that".
And you can go back in this thread and see more detail about the convo.

I got the number off Google having seen the mention of Malone in this thread.
If you are a dealer and a TDI mechanic, where are you located?
Please send me your phone number, etc. so I may contact you to discuss
doing a DPF Delete, sensor no-op, re-flash, re-program, etc.
I am near Austin, TX.

I want to put the TDI into a state where the exhaust goes straight from the Turbo to the Muffler and we never have to replace any of the emissions infrastructure ever again.

thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Completely different shop all together :)

Try Malonetuning.com
Heads up - all Malone Tuning dealers are not alike. The San Antonio, Texas dealer (DieselToys.com) won't touch anything newer than 2006 and started whining about "the legal issues". So _UGH!!_

Needless to say, I'm going somewhere else. You can see where in a separate post on this thread.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
yes you would most definitely need a tune like MALONE.. otherwise it will not run well. if you live where emissions testing is done you should not even bother. however if you live where there is no emission testing then go for it but keep the dpf and egr hardware just in case the law changes or you decide to sell the car

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I am a Malone dealer, just talked to him today about it.

Please PM me the number you called because there isn't a tech line, was it a dealer maybe because Malone tech support is 100% via dealers and e-mail because Mark Malone is hearing impaired.

Thanks,
Jon
I have a better idea. Quit talking about it online and delete the last conversation. IT'S ILLEGAL.....sheesh....

101 - 113 of 113 Posts