VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Fellow VW Owners,

I would like to start by saying that this is a great website. However, I took the advice of the site's recommended mechanics in NJ and went to M&M auto cycle in Montague, NJ. I had a flywheel that needed to be replaced for preventative maintenance reasons. When I picked my car back up there was no coolant in the car! Luckily my temperature alarm went off, and I put coolant in at the closest gas station. Shortly after this I looked in my engine bay and discovered oil everywhere! The car began to slip gears while driving at this time as well. I towed my car back to M&M auto and they attempted to fix the disaster they created but it was to no avail. They did admit it was leaking transmission fluid. Long story short M&M left me with a broken down car; that drove fine before bringing it to them. I had to have the VW dealership in Rockaway NJ install a new transmission for $4600 :( I highly recommend you avoid this terrible and incompetent mechanic. The prices might be very cheap but the quality of work is appalling. The person in charge of this site should remove M&M from its list of recommended mechanics ASAP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dear Fellow VW Owners,

I would like to start by saying that this is a great website. However, I took the advice of the site's recommended mechanics in NJ and went to M&M auto cycle in Montague, NJ. I had a flywheel that needed to be replaced for preventative maintenance reasons. When I picked my car back up there was no coolant in the car! Luckily my temperature alarm went off, and I put coolant in at the closest gas station. Shortly after this I looked in my engine bay and discovered oil everywhere! The car began to slip gears while driving at this time as well. I towed my car back to M&M auto and they attempted to fix the disaster they created but it was to no avail. Long story short M&M left me with a broken down car; that drove fine before bringing it to them. I had to have the VW dealership in Rockaway NJ install a new transmission for $4600 :( I highly recommend you avoid this terrible and incompetent mechanic. The prices might be very cheap but the quality of work is appalling. The person in charge of this site should remove M&M from its list of recommended mechanics ASAP

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Did you speak with Mike about this? Your experience is well outside the norm for those of us who have used him in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. He is saying that for a car with over 100,000 miles on it he did not have anything to do with the transmission problem. He did not have an excuse at all for not having coolant put back in my car. I am just warning others who might have major engine work. I lost in this whole process.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Ok Pat, I was expecting this after your attempt to extort 1000.00 from me. To quote you " If you give me 1000.00 I'll let it go and it's your reputation on the line". Let's look at the facts: You were here in February of 2018, @ 141924 miles. Considering your post date of 8/5/19, that's well out of the warranty time of 12months/12000 miles and most likely over mileage as well. Honestly, if we had done such a poor job, why did you wait 17 months to let me know and to post this review? Your flywheel was making noise so we replaced it. We also did a timing belt service. Occasionally, although we do road test our vehicles, sometimes they develop an air pocket and "burp" causing the coolant level to go low. It's not a major issue and adding about a cup or 2 of coolant or distilled water will do the trick. I normally warn my customers of this but I can't remember if I did in your case or not. When you returned, we performed a basic setting of the trans for an issue you had. At that time I told you it seems ok after the road test of 20 miles but if the problem continues later to let me know as you may need clutch packs, a common issue on DSG transmissions. You didn't return and I never heard from you again until about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was fine. At that point you told me you had the trans replaced at Trend soon after our service. You then stated that just recently the serpentine belt failed which you also had replaced. I found you repair order and went over it. When you called back I told you I wouldn't help with the trans because there is no way changing a flywheel could cause the trans to fail. I did offer to pay for the serp belt failure even though it's well out of the warranty period. You refused and threatened me you were going to give me bad reviews. Unfortunately in this day and age, anyone can say anything they like without fear of repercussion. While we're not perfect, nobody is. My reputation has been built over years of making customers happy. I will put my skills up against anyone especially when it comes to TDI's. I'm sorry you feel this way about us but there is nothing I can do. I consider this matter closed and I wish you the best of luck with your TDI.
Michael Hevner
Owner
M&M Auto/Cycle LLC
Montague NJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After i paid you $2300 for your terrible service and then as a result of said service I had to pay $4500 for a new transmission I would not call a $1000 refund anywhere near extorting. i just wanted some sort of recognition that you messed up. as far as the coolant. there was no coolant in the car. it wasnt a matter of burping and adding a cup of coolant. when i had my car towed to you the SECOND time after i broke down a month later you still could not fix the problem and admitted transmission fluid was leaking. at this point you left me on my own to figure it out upon which i had the car towed to trend motors vw dealership in rockaway nj. so no it was not 12 months/12,000 miles you found out the car was having major problems but one month later. I waited so ling to get in touch with you on the final outcome because i have been working three jobs to make up for your mistakes. I consider this closed as well. I just wanted to warn others thats all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts