VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Yes, you can add Hill Hold Contol to 2010 MTs

11K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  ensignba 
#1 ·
So I went browsing through the various VAG features and I found this baby inside the ABS controller.

I activated it and it works. :D

See less See more
#3 ·

On a manual transmission I don't see how thats possible.

There are a load of options in VCDS but it doesn't mean they can be enabled on your vehicle?

#5 ·

On a manual transmission I don't see how thats possible.

There are a load of options in VCDS but it doesn't mean they can be enabled on your vehicle?
Trust me it definitely works. It was enabled on the 2010 DSGs and starting with '11s its enabled on both MT and DSG. Don't know why it wasn't enabled on the '10 MTs but it will work if you enable it via VAG-COM (at least on my GTI, i assume it'll work for the TDI too)

#7 ·
Has anyone tried this is reverse? Would love to get rid of this feature on my 2011 JSW as it causes more stalls than it prevents. Often time you have to rev the engine higher to defeat the brake hold and if you don't, it will just cut the engine.

#10 ·
Has anyone tried this is reverse? Would love to get rid of this feature on my 2011 JSW as it causes more stalls than it prevents. Often time you have to rev the engine higher to defeat the brake hold and if you don't, it will just cut the engine.
Yes you can turn it off. I did last night after finding this thread. Woohoo! Never had a need for hill hold in 350000km of my last car, and it was just annoying me.

You can also adjust whether it release early or late, if turned on, in the adaptation channels of the ABS module as well. I didn't try that yet, but maybe I will just for kicks to see what the difference is. It said in VCDS that late means something like "requires higher RPM and clutch slip", while early means "low RPM". So I guess with early it will release more easily....

But honestly, I'm with you in just having it turned off altogether and glad that it is possible to shut it off!

#13 ·
No Dice, not compatible with my car...

So, I had some time to play with the car today and I tried enabling this feature as mentioned by the OP. Yes the checkbox was there and yes the coding was accepted, but once I closed out of the controller I had an ESP error in MFD and the ESP/TCS indicator was lit in the speedometer pod.

I went back in and tried to change the Hill Hold settings which now appeared in the adaptation, this didn't change anything. I ended up going back in to the long coding and unchecking the box and everything was back to normal. Then I remembered I had tried enabling this before when I first got the VCDS and had the same experience.

I had totally forgotten I had even tried it. So it was a bust for me, and probably for most people. The hill hold control as far as I know requires an inclination sensor which I do not have installed.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
No Dice, not compatible with my car...

So, I had some time to play with the car today and I tried enabling this feature as mentioned by the OP. Yes the checkbox was there and yes the coding was accepted, but once I closed out of the controller I had an ESP error in MFD and the ESP/TCS indicator was lit in the speedometer pod.

I went back in and tried to change the Hill Hold settings which now appeared in the adaptation, this didn't change anything. I ended up going back in to the long coding and unchecking the box and everything was back to normal. Then I remembered I had tried enabling this before when I first got the VCDS and had the same experience.

I had totally forgotten I had even tried it. So it was a bust for me, and probably for most people. The hill hold control as far as I know requires an inclination sensor which I do not have installed.

Ditto the above, I even tried enabling the inclination sensor, still got the ESP/TCS lights

Tried to enable XDS in the same control unit lol, got a fault for 'incompatible control unit' or something like that :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.