VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am located in N Florida near Gainesville. I do not have a VW yet, but have been patiently looking. I've narrowed it down to the 99-03 Golf 4dr tdi manual tranny. I have a budget, but am prepared to pay for a well maintained vehicle. I prefer 100k miles or so ,manual tranny, non modded , maintenance records. I am not opposed to traveling a few hundred miles as long as FULL disclosure on rust, paint , scratches, motor issues ,etc are revealed. I just got back from a 500 mi round trip to look at a "no rust" vehicle that was a rust bucket. Any help from you members would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
proud new owner

:nana2:Well I finally found an 02 golf 4dr manual with 70k miles 7,700. it needs a little tlc interior wise, but the motor and tranny are strong. thanks for all the help guys:nana2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got screwed

Well, I got screwed!!! I went to register the car last week and The Fl DMV said they could not because it was a destroyed title !!?? I said you're kidding right? When I bought the car, the owner advised me it was in a minor wreck in the front, but was repaired. I inspected the repairs and could see everything looked right. So I talked to the vehicle inspector and she said the only way was to rebuild the car with parts from 2 or more cars until you have less than 50% of the destroyed vehicle remaining. I told them the car was repaired and I was not going to tear it all apart for that. besides that the guy I bought it from has been driving it around N. Carolina for 4 yrs with a clean title!!! How does a State title a vehicle from another state that was supposed to be crushed? After hrs on the phone and getting frustrated, I called the guy I bought it from and he agreed to return my money. So I drove back up to N carolina and returned the car. He gave me my money back and put it back on craigslist, so beware this car in the ASHEVILLE NC CRAIGSLIST. aT LEAST i GOT MY MONEY BACK minus my time and fuel.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Wow....I've never heard of that before. Carfax won't report everything but did you get one anyways to see the title history? At least in CT, if you get a salvage title you can still register it if you get it inspected but it'll be issued a rebuilt title. You can never get a clean title once you get a salvage or rebuild.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a rebuilt title would have been fine, but this was a dstroyed title, which can NEVEr be on the roads of the issuing state again. Back on the search again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts