VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a 06 Jetta Tdi and when out this morning and it cranks but wont start. I have checked the battery voltage and its good. I checked the fuses there good. I checked the fuel filter looks clean. I turn the key and hear the fuel pump turn on. I cant figure it out. Is there some sensor or something else I can check?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh one more thing I do recall the car telling me there was something that needs to be serviced in a few hundred miles but there is no red wench or codes or anything. The car has 93500 on it. The timing belt and full service was just done at 89000 so I can think of what it could be.:eek

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you know if there is water in the fuel?
What is the intake flap? Is it the butterfly flap on the throttle body?

I read somewhere that I could disconnect the battery and reset the car and that has worked for some. Im not sure thats a good idea.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
If you take a fuel sample and see water suspended in fuel it looks cloudy. If it drops out it forms bubbles at the bottom.

Intake flap is the butteryfly flap. It has plastic gears to move flap, gears could strip and let the flap close. You're sure no codes? What code scanner are you using?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well there seems to be no water in the fuel.

The throttle body make a high pitch noise when the key is left on and is open and when you turn the key off the flap seems to struggle to move and closes and then opens again.

The scanner I have is a Actron AutoScanner Plus CP9180

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it turning over at all?
Yea its turning over fine. It seems to not be getting fuel. I just emptied the fuel filter can to get a fuel sample and then checked it again to see if it filled back up. Its full again. :dunno

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I read on another forum that if I turn the car over until the low oil pressure light comes on. Then recycle the key and try to start the car again it will have a rough start but does start. It worked I dont like working the starter of the battery like that but it did start.

After it was running I had a yellow power steering like and the ESP light or the car skidding. They went out after about a half of a mile. I bought the car up to temp. Brought it back and shut it down. It fired right back up like normal.

So no one seems to have a reason why this is happening from what I have been reading. Does anyone have any ideas? Im going to call the stealership on Mon morning to see what they say about it. There are quite a few of us going through this and I would love to find the reason why.

For those that help me with this Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The PS light is normal. The ESP light is also normal. They are related to battery disconnect. Perhaps you have battery cable corrosion or a bad ground? Those lights go out after the system self calibrates through normal driving. Do your one touch windows work? If so, not a battery problem. If not, there's a voltage or battery problem.

The only other common problem is related to very cold temperatures, DSG transmission, and high altitude. Thin air+cold temps+thick DSG transmission fluid can slow down engine cranking to the point where it won't start (not enough compression). MD doesn't have mountains over 5,000 ft as fast as I know.:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The PS light is normal. The ESP light is also normal. They are related to battery disconnect. Perhaps you have battery cable corrosion or a bad ground? Those lights go out after the system self calibrates through normal driving. Do your one touch windows work? If so, not a battery problem. If not, there's a voltage or battery problem.

The only other common problem is related to very cold temperatures, DSG transmission, and high altitude. Thin air+cold temps+thick DSG transmission fluid can slow down engine cranking to the point where it won't start (not enough compression). MD doesn't have mountains over 5,000 ft as fast as I know.:)
The one touch windows work fine. I dont think it is the battery.

It was not real cold here today 36 degrees and I have a 5 speed so who knows.

Maybe I will get a EGR delete kit if someone makes it or at least clean it and the throttle body.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts