VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing a new timing belt and adjusting the tension the question i have is.

Which end of the slots on the fuel pump sprocket do you leave the three bolts on so you can have the correct movement to advance for the correct timing. Or should i leave them as close to the center point as possible, so i could adjust in either direction.

I have looked everywhere and i can't find the answer. I'm sure it is out there but i just haven't stumbled on to it yet.

I would appreciate any information ((not a guess)) i can get, or a link to where the answer is.

Thanks
wkl

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
You tension the belt then tighten the three bolts and after all that's done you use vagcom to check the timing and adjust as needed so there's no lining them up first to any particular position. The locking pin for the pulley goes through the back wheel that the pulley's bolted to so the main part is held in place and with the cam and pump loose and crank locked the cam and pump pulleys can move to allow the belt to be tensioned properly, it's all in the faq for the ALH engine, look in the jetta faq and then the timing belt one.:)

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts