VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a set of rims to fit my 2010 Tig, 17" with 5 x 112 bolt pattern.
Dealer says they are not available thru them, wondering if a different Volks model would work and I'm located in Canada

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The tiguan uses the jetta/golf wheel hubs. Any wheel from a Jetta or Golf will work. Passat wheels will bolt on but the offset is wrong.

You want a wheel with about et40-50. This is how many mm offset the wheel hub is. Lower than et40 with a wheel 7.5" or wider and it'll stick out beyond the fender. Use the wheel/tire calculator in the FAQ to figure out how your new wheel's offset and width will change how far it sticks out or tucks under the fender.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you get aftermarket rims, make sure to use a hubcentric ring. These will make sure the wheel is centered on the hub. If it's off a tiny bit it can result in vibration. If you just want winter rims, would you consider a set of steelies? They are cheap to find used from people taking off their steelies and putting on alloy wheels. You could also try the vortex wheels classifieds: http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?804-5x112-Classifieds

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife and I both bought our winter tires and rims from tirerack.com.

My wife was scanning the wheels and saw some nice BBS wheels. How come women never check price?

She said , "these are nice!"

"And they are $450 each. Keep looking." :D

She settled on great looking BBS VZ wheels for $170 each. I bought the same wheels the next year.

We pulled in to a parking lot at the shopping outlets near here and parked next to a BMW. The owner just got out of his car and was looking at my car. My wife said, "is that guy staring at your car?"

I got out and he asked about the wheels.

I told him that they were my winter wheels for my winter tires. He was amazed that we use BBS wheels for the winter. I explained that they were the least expensive BBS wheel, they look great, and they were only a little more expensive than the not-as-great-looking wheels that we were considering at $149 each.

I told him about the wheels on tirerack, and he said that he knew about the web site and was going on there as soon as he gets home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts