VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I drive a 1999 Passat (UK) and there is no air getting to the windscreen. The windscreen demister flap is stuck closed, a common problem. Does anyone know exactly where this flap is or if it is at all accessible?

·
Registered
36 Posts
This would apply to a left hand drive car. You should be able to access the lever without too much dis assembly. Remove the panel under the left side of the cars dash and the lever would be located in the area near the accelerator pedal. I know you are driving a right drive car. I wouldn't think the heater box was also different, as in "mirror image" but I could be wrong. If you can access the lever you could undo the cable and manually move it to get by until you have time to really fix it. Hope this is of help from across the pond... L

·
Registered
8 Posts
DJMarty,
I'll try to look it up in my Bentley Tonight. Is it showing up in VCDS as a "demister flap blocked" trouble code?
I had a similar problem with a "stuck" main flap in my '99 audi A4. It turned out to be the climate controller itself. The climate controller, send a + or - voltage to the flap to move it, and the flap has a potentiometer for the controller to check the flap's position. My climate controller was failing to send the voltage to the flap, then threw a "flap blocked" trouble code when the flap didn't move.

A used climate controller off of Ebay fixed my problem, after I found no flap probelms.

I'll let you know what I find in Bentley...

Daniel

·
Registered
8 Posts
DJMarty,
I found the location of the Footwell/defroster Flap motor (V85), the Footwell/defroster Flap Position sensor (G114) is integrated with V85.
Well, I found it on a 99 Passat 1.8T, (there were no U.S. '99 Passat Diesels) but I'm pretty sure it's the same location
Private message me, your email address and I will send you a print screen.

Daniel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts