VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 50 mile commute from home to work.

I am on my way to a 700+ mile tank.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's 50 miles each way, 48 of which is highway. 35 miles of that is with the cruise set at 60. The other 13 miles are in a 65 zone and I go with the flow of traffic, which varies from 60-80mph. I just went out and snapped these pics. I could not get a Speed 1 reading since the car has been off for over two hours. But take my word for it that the average speed of the trip this morning was right about 60mph.

The Consumption 2 gets reset at every fill-up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And even better today.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can vouch for him-- my TDI has ~9K miles and I routinely average mid 50s mpg on my daily 35 mi (one way) work commute going 55 to 60 mph for 90% of my trip .

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I can appreciate how you feel.
I spent 3 years doing my same commute in a noisy, no-fun, anemic, 5sp, 4 cylinder truck getting 20 mpg and having to fill it up once a week.

I easily get double the mpg and distance now that I made the right choice. :D

TDI the rest of the way for me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
milage

Wow, congrats on the great mpg. Stick or auto? AC on or off? (p.s. my Ford 250 pick-up gets 8-10 mpg, and my jetta tdi auto is getting 38 mpg almost all city driving.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
6 speed manual. Most mornings with AC on as the humidity here in the Mid-Atlantic is killer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am only averaging 42 but my commute has no interstate travel. I do 26 miles going into work averaging 48 but my return commute is 28 miles and that averages 39. Yes they are different routes, to take the original route home would drop the mileage into the 30s as the traffic is rotten.

My commute is a mix of 35 and 45 roads with a dash of 55 four lane for both. Since I come in early I rarely hit lights or traffic, but going home is school bus hell.

I love the mileage of these cars, that and the good size tank means I fill up every other week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts