VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It costs more than the green prestone or other stuff at like, advance auto. I know you are not supposed to mix it with the OEM coolant too.

But why did they make their own coolant in the first place?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Long story short, lots of car makers make their own coolant to match their specs, not just VW.

It's supposed to be lifetime coolant and it's also phosphate free. The chems in it don't let you mix it with other types too.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yuck! I'm guesing that its not supossed to look like that! Chalk it up to a money making conspiracy!

J

·
0 Posts
It's only a few dollars more and it's lifetime too.

I say why not get the OEM VW/Audi coolant?

·
Registered
6 Posts
cadman1940

Hey fellas do you know what causes the problems in a cooling system? you can use special; litmus paper to measure the acid in the cooling system or you can go to harbour freight and in the garden section you can find a PH measuring probe and it will do the coolant in your system as well as the yard, your saliva. The problem is the sulfer in the fuel you need to run the vehicle. Sulfer will NOT burn, you can put a fire out with it. the cyl walls are pouris and with each combustion in the cyl a small bit of sulfer gets hammered into the wall eventually it will get into the water in the cooling system. Now chemistry 101 sulferic acid is made up from Water Heat & sulfer. I know this is a long story but there are no real lifetime coolant fluids. I have been checking both my gas and diesel vehicles for several years and using BG products cooling system condioner to bring PH back to slight alcaline I have stopped rust and aluminium radiaters from being ate up. Thanks Eric davis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts