VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have an issue with lots of white smoke, i'm 100% this is Diesel smoke as it burns your eyes

I have a question, i'm sure the white smoke is being caused by over fulling and i have seen something that i dont think is correct, when i remove the glow plugs out of all cylinders, remove the injector harness and cranks the engine, i still see puffs of white vapour coming out of the glow plug holes, the question i have is, should i be seeing this? does this tell me that my injectors seals are gone and need replaced? to me it looks like there should be no mist and what is happening is diesel is leaking into the cylinder and that is why i am getting lots of white smoke?

·
Super Moderator
9,339 Posts
You don't say what this is on I assume its, as you have post in general.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 02/2006-08/2007, Model: Passat/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BMR, 125Kw, 170PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) Timing belt

White smoke is water being burnt, back smoke is fuel not being burnt properly.

Get your cooling system pressure tested?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
What KeithUK said but also.........White smoke can also be diesel fuel. Similar to a drop of oil landing on a hot plate. You may have a messy spray pattern on one or more of your injectors causing it to dribble rather than spray a fine mist. The unburned wet fuel coats the inside of the hot exhaust manifold and creates white smoke.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a video of what i see when i unplug the injector harness and remove the glow plugs, looks like alot of fuel still going into the cylinder when the ecu is not telling the injector to do so ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts