VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a pd tdi and love it. It gets really good fuel economy. It's my baby :)
Anyways, I was told it was chipped and had pd100 injectors in that are set at pd150 spec. So basically they are pd150's. So I'm wondering, is there a way to find out if I have them or not? Can I use a computer software program to see certain things? I have own this car for about 2 yrs and have been on this site as a guest for about 1 yr doing a lot of reading. But I just joined to ask this question since I can't find my answers. I hope somebody can help me figure this out. Please. And thank you. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
A chip tune can be visible through an eeprom dump, or a tuner looking for certain traits. If you had part numbers or a dyno tune it would show what kind of mods you might have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could probably use VCDS to look at injector duration or fuel flow to see if the injectors are larger and if you have a tune.
How do I do that? Can you explain to me the process? And when I do it, it's going to be all Greek to me so what should I do after? Should I post it here? I don't know what's normal and what not. My friends bf may be able to help me too but I'm not sure. Please explain.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
First you have to have the VCDS cable from ross tech to monitor the sensors and whatnot. I don't know how to find larger injectors just using VCDS but I would think that at idle, the injectors would be open for a shorter period of time to prevent the larger injector from injecting too much fuel for idle. As a diesel runs off fuel instead of a throttle, too much fuel would make rpm increase at idle.

However, the easiest way is to have a chip tuner look at your file and they could tell right away if you have a chip tune and the tune specs. Some chip tuners are kermatdi, rocketchip, malonetuning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First you have to have the VCDS cable from ross tech to monitor the sensors and whatnot. I don't know how to find larger injectors just using VCDS but I would think that at idle, the injectors would be open for a shorter period of time to prevent the larger injector from injecting too much fuel for idle. As a diesel runs off fuel instead of a throttle, too much fuel would make rpm increase at idle.

However, the easiest way is to have a chip tuner look at your file and they could tell right away if you have a chip tune and the tune specs. Some chip tuners are kermatdi, rocketchip, malonetuning.
It does idle fine but what if my tune was set for larger injectors but i had the original injectors in, would the car idle low?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts