VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughters 2004 Jetta Tdi manual clutch needs replacing. My mechanic will let me buy the parts, and he will install for me. My questions to you is this... If this was your car,,what clutch would you put in? Also, what would be a ballpark figure $$ of what someone would charge for this install?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
This is what I would highly recommend

http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=76_102&products_id=2831

It's basically the clutch used in the Mk3 and you could buy the clutch kit itself and the flywheel for the Mk3. Much nicer than the dmf set up the car came with.
I'm running the VR6 kit myself but I'm tuned and it holds more power.
Very light pedal, really nice bite and when the time comes again you can just change the clutch on it's own.

Install price over here would probably be in the region of £200 UK so that'd be like what? $350-$400?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Another popular BEW replacement is the LUK DMF kit as found in the '98-99 early MK4s. Plug and play, it's smooth and completely silent, I've seen them go over 600k miles on more than one car.

As far as SMF kits go the silent (should probably say quiet as it's not completely silent) kit is the way to go as Seatman mentioned, unless you're modded and need the slightly higher holding power of the VR6 kit...

Cheers,
-BB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Going through the process of changing the clutch for my 2004 VW Jetta TDI Wagon (a PD engine with a BEW code and 5 speed manual VIN: WVWSR61J24W151660) and wanted advice on which one should i get. Sincerely appreciate anyone's help to let me know if the Luk 17-050 clutch kit is compatible?
Both Amazon and a seller on eBay tell me that it is not and I see many places that says it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts