VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds stupid but I have a foam part from a 2002 Golf and I can’t figure out where it goes. It comes from somewhere near the front right area of the engine compartment or bumper area

·
Super Moderator
9,339 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

It looks shaped, what jobs have you been doing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks shaped, what jobs have you been doing?
This first came out when I changed the timing belt, where I didn’t notice it was left out until I was done. Now I’ve taken the front fender panels and bumper off to sort of fix some rust issues in the door sills. Thought it would be a good time to replace this part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe that goes in the trash! I believe that is the foam piece placed on the under side of the front fenders to help rust out the fender( right in the middle of the fenders). Removal of that foam should be the first job performed when car is acquired. All those rotted fenders are from that foam piece.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe that goes in the trash! I believe that is the foam piece placed on the under side of the front fenders to help rust out the fender( right in the middle of the fenders). Removal of that foam should be the first job performed when car is acquired. All those rotted fenders are from that foam piece.
😂 Very well said. I got rid of both of those from the fenders right after I got the car. However, it had already rusted out the driver side fender which I replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts