VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after 3 years of a dangling carrot, i finally signed the papers to buy my building... so i call it a man cave... when i moved to the area i am now, i searched out a pole barn type place i could build a apartment in but yet have room to store my collection.. also required room for a work shop.. im so lucky its even commercial property so i can run a legit business from it.. and since im buying it.. i have all the rights to live on property :)

is my work bay... just need to add a lift now. ..

not standing on the ladder on the side of the office i plan to remove..once removed i plan to add a loft over that area that will run across the middle section.. 2 back yard buddy type lifts on the side that not work area so i can fit 6 cars in cold storage and 3 in the work area.. best part.. using a back yard buddy type lift as a elevator for the loft :) imo the office takes up too much floor space.. i use it as a "shed" with lawn mower and such currently..

old pics before i moved stuff around for best fit.. and well my coupe has been on the road for over a year now.. :p need to build the jackrabbit still.. the grey fiberglass thing..

the back room.. man cave... its actually a old cinder block wooden truss building that had a tin pole barn added onto the front of it giving the building a L shape where if you do not know about the back room you would not know its there.. :)

due to materials used back here the R value is impressive.. for the past few winters a kerosene wick heater uses 1/2 to 2/3 gal a day between 20r-50f... below 20 i might use a gal a day... but you can only have it on so long before turning it off cause too hot.. i plan to add a wood stove though.. :p now that i signed papers

25x28ft room... i need to add a few windows and wanna a door too.. now that i know in 10 years ill own it time to add building upgrades.. :) imo not bad for what will cost me 72k with insurance/taxes/interest and such over the next 10 years... i also think of it as rent control.. :p once paid for.. no real overhead.. utilities/insurances/property taxes internet/phone should be under or around 300/mo :) unless those itens really jump in price... but for bill paying the past 20 years.. i really expect it to be round that.. and ill always be able to tinker on cars to make extra cash...

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
parking lot and up to date pics...

starting to run into insurnce issues.. no one wants to inure commercial building unless business runs from it... so time to do some pics for agent..

inside my front room/shed

only a few diesels hidden there

the loft

into the cave

intertainment corner, custom tv mount moves to be seen from anywhere in room... requirement to play pool.. quite proud of my work

due to spring grads... i end up with some odd nice furniture... what more does a man cave need?

one day im going to build a custom bar.. i will hide a full sized real bed inside it like those ones that hide in a wall... have futon for now

custom shower on a tankless hot water system... best investment ever... it might raise the electric 2-3$ a month vs a tank that is good for 50+ and it will scold you in january when the water pumped thru the cold ground... so very happy..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts