VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Average Jetta is 50 et, average Passat et is 38. I don't know what kind of stance you're looking for but 5-10mm spacers is what you will probably want. Try the wheel-tire-gearing calculator here: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/tire-wheel-gearing-calculator.htm I've tried putting Jetta wheels on the Passat but they are really tucked in. The fact that they're 7.5 " wide will help though.

Most of the pics are from online classifieds or ebay, most of the data is from ETKA. I admit that like much of the site's very early content it was only an archive but I decided to make it original after expanding the content and have since verified all the part numbers and added misc info from the parts catalog.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I've done the wheel calculator and basically compared to 16x7 wheels with 45 offset(stock offset), the outside will remain where it is but the inside goes in 11mm.

I am trying to figure out if I can run these without spacers because spacers+bolts aren't cheap. I'll eventually figure out what I need and make them.

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
You can run about 5mm on standard bolts but you'll need to get the longer ones for anything bigger I'd imagine but you can get hubcentric spacers with bolts on ebay.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts