VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about wheel spacers? I have been searching all over for the wheels I want in ET45 but all I can find is ET20. Is there a way to use spacers to make up the difference? I am confused about how they work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ET20 sticks further our than a ET45. If you used a spacer, it would sit even further out. You can't use a spacer to go from a ET20 to a ET45.... ( I hope this makes sense )

·
Registered
75 Posts
Excuse My ignorance in the topic but I don't know nothing about it..
The 18" OEM wheels shows ET48 on the back of the wheel.
Having spacers installed on 4 wheels, what kind of benefits will bring to the ride?
Better handling, cornering appearance ?
Can somebody explains me more about it?
I appreciate all your help.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Understood... So 32 would be out of the question as well because it would probably rub fender. Bah! Looks like I will need to wait until the 45's are available again.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Excuse My ignorance in the topic but I don't know nothing about it..
The 18" OEM wheels shows ET48 on the back of the wheel.
Having spacers installed on 4 wheels, what kind of benefits will bring to the ride?
Better handling, cornering appearance ?
Can somebody explains me more about it?
I appreciate all your help.
Spacers move the wheel out. As long as the wheels still fit and there's only a tiny change, they really don't make any noticeable performance difference. Moving the wheels out increases the stance of the car and can improve how the wheels fill the wheel well. Be careful because the spacers shorten how far the lug bolts go into the hub. They also add a very small amount of weight.

·
Banned
4 Posts
wheel spacer

My friend just bought an audi wheel spacers, and i ask him whats the use of it.can anyone here tell me how it works?thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts