VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer to purchase a spare (I lose stuff) wheel lock key & was told they weren't available except as a complete kit. (all 4 lug nuts plus key) This has to be wrong. Have any of you been able to purchase spare wheel lock keys?
DA SCOOTER

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went to the dealer to purchase a spare (I lose stuff) wheel lock key & was told they weren't available except as a complete kit. (all 4 lug nuts plus key) This has to be wrong. Have any of you been able to purchase spare wheel lock keys?
DA SCOOTER
I liked this method. http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2684546

If you have your card, or the VIN the dealer should be able to order one for you. The dealer can also take them off for you too, and it should be free. They have a master set of keys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You very much. After a little thought The lightbulb went off. I called the dealer to see how much for regular wheel bolts (nice to see vw went back to bolts, don't know why, guess it just makes me feel younger) & they said come on own we got a box full, we'll give you 4. Seems the dealer is the one installing the wheel locks & these are take offs. Price was right & wheel lock problem solved.
Da Scoot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts