VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered our A3 TDI on 11/11 and the factory says it will be at the dealer on 2/1. What have others been told? What dates are you getting?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Placed deposit on 10/8, originally told I'd get the car at the end of this month. The following week, I was told there'd be a two-week delay, with production next week & delivery in mid-January.

Last week, I was told there was another three-week delay due to parts shortages, placing my production date in early January, with delivery in early February.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I ordered at the end of September, I was told delivery would be right around Valentine's Day. They've got the plain white one on the lot now, but I'm going for Meteor Gray.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked with the dealer yesterday, the delivery date has now been moved back to March 8th (from Feb 1st), no explanation. Oh well, at least I won't have to drive my new car in the winter weather.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all great site. Placed deposit on JSWTDI on 11/3 and was promised a mid January delivery. I was at dealer this week looking for a VIN to secure financing and was told it was not yet in production. So we'll see. I also paid $200 under list (still way above invoice) as best deal I was going to get. Mine will be blueblack metalic, DSG, rear air bags, Ipod, protection kit, 17" Avignon wheels. Also seem to have gotten deal because I ordered from 09 options list. $650 delivery charge and some cheaper priced options. Seems like 2010's come optioned with 17" Porto wheels instead of Avignons.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the Audi site and found that many dealers in CA seem to have A3 TDIs sitting there waiting for customers. Its hard to tell the options unless you check the MSRP and try to work backwards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now posting in the right thread. Sorry for duplication.

My mid-Feb due date just turned into TOMORROW. It arrived in SC.

Pics/review to come! :nana2:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cool. Let us know what kind of deal you're able to swing (as I'll be negotiating price in a few weeks). I was told today that my production date moved up a week, and should get specifics early next week. I'm expecting it to be the first or second week of January.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately, after mine gets off the boat, its still another 3000 miles to Seattle. Still, nice to hear that they are arriving very early.

If it helps. I was only able to get a dealer to go under $250 sticker.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Unfortunately, after mine gets off the boat, its still another 3000 miles to Seattle. Still, nice to hear that they are arriving very early.

If it helps. I was only able to get a dealer to go under $250 sticker.
what dealer did you go thru? I am using University VW here in Seattle.

At what point did you negotiate your sales contract to get it at $250 under sticker? The reason I ask, I am currently on the wait-list, thus no deposit given yet until Germany give the okay for my order request and the salesman would not negotiate at this point.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At what point did you negotiate your sales contract to get it at $250 under sticker? ...
After talking with all three dealers in the area, I ordered mine through Barrier in Bellevue. We agreed to the price at that time. If you are interested, send me a PM and I can provide you with more info.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Finally got updated schedule for the A3 TDI I ordered back in October. Build date will be in week 3 (Jan 18-24), loaded onto the ship Jan 29, with expected delivery Feb. 22.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just talked with the dealer. My A3 is built and scheduled to arrive at the Port of Houston on 2/1. It will leave there the 5th and be on the way to its new home in Seattle. Expected delivery to the dealer by 2/14.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is anyone here doing the Euro delivery with their TDI? I believe you receive a 3% discount on the A3 according to Audi of America.

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My A3 arrived yesterday and I will be picking it up in a couple of hours.:D

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
My A3 arrived yesterday and I will be picking it up in a couple of hours.:D
:needpics:

Can you tell me if it comes with the block heater cord in the glove box and if it's premium or plus? I assume that there's an electric cabin heater but can you verify? You may hear the relay click and find a big 100 amp fuse under the hood for the heater. Turning the fan full blast won't let it warm up enough to feel warm air coming out but on a cold morning, having the fan to low or medium should let you feel "not cold" air.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have only driven about 15 miles, but to answer the questions that I can:
1) The block heater cord is in the glove box;
2) Premium Plus package;
3) Too soon to tell on the electric heater. I'll check and post when I find out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts