VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headliner is sagging a little by the sunroof, I think there might have been some wetness with the previous owner but it's dry now. What kind of glue should I use?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
This happend to me in another car due to age. Most auto parts stores sell headliner specific sprays.

Just make sure to clean both surfaces as much as possible and note if it's contact glue, meaning you have to let both dry before you touch them together. Try to stretch it out too. If the rest of the headliner is bad, then it might be worth it to remove it all and just get a replacement headliner.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Have you thought about just taking it off and putting on leather or suede? How about a rich textured cloth like on some Audis? Obviously the OEM headliner will be a ripoff. If the backing is still good, just some ideas.

Just make sure that it will absorb the glue and keep it out of the sun, or else it will fade.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Make sure that when you use contact cement, that both sides are clean. If it's falling off, the backing is probably flaking and dirty. Use a vacuum cleaner or brush first otherwise it'll just fall off again because the glue won't stick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts