VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site, so hello! I just aquired a 2005 Passat TDI. It is my 2nd TDI car- first beind a 2006 Jetta TDI DSG car. Traded the Jetta when my twins were born, and have missed it sorely since. I drive 250 miles one way(I work 7 days on/7days off offshore out of Louisianna), and TDI's are the perfect car for my type of commute. I was on a couple of other VW/TDI boards when I had the Jetta- just found this one...look forward to spending some time here.:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Which do you like more, the Passat or Jetta? I sat inside a newer Jetta and it's a lot bigger, it feels like a Passat so I'm surprised you traded it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The passat...hands down. I loved the Jetta, but the Passat 'feels' like a whole different car. More power- rides better, just feels more connected to the road(maybe it's the weight). The Passat also feels like it is another level in performance. The jetta had sufficient motavation, but the 2.0 in the Passat actually surprised me when I drove it. I am a large man- and the Jetta would rub my shoulder to the point of aggrevation- not in the passat. So far I like it alot.

The ONLY reason I traded the Jetta back in late 06(only had it for 10 months) was due to a growing family...we have 5 boys, with another one due anytime now. Traded the 06 Jetta for a Suburban. I have been through a 97 Cavalier(was the wifes beforethe Sub), a 00 Corvette(29 mpg's!), and a 04 Silverado, before I finally traded the truck for the Passat. The Passat is far from perfect, and alot of the horror stories I have been reading about the balancer chain...makes me a little nervous, and I just noticed that it leaks a little oil when you park it- haven't been able to crawl under it yet to figure out from where. But it runs out SO nice. I am hoping it stays together long enough to trade in on a new Passat TDI in the next year or 2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts