VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to be changing my tires soon, I would like to know what brand of tire brings the less rolling resistance for mpg, from your experience can you tell me what are a good all weather tire?, I have stock rims, 15's,,,,, thanks ahead.

J

·
0 Posts
I think it's less about the brand and more about treadwear ratings. Find a tire with a higher treadwear rating and it should wear less and give better mileage due to harder compounds. Other than that, avoid pepboys like the plague for tires. They sell $30 junk tires, for $50/tire you can get something much better.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
My winter tires (nokian hakkapiletta) give better mileage than my yokohama fuzion or falken fk451 but it's also on a 6" wide tire instead of a 6.5" wide tire.

That's all I can really say about my experience and because the tires are diff widths, it's really meaningless. Pretty much look for low treadwear tires. I prefer to not get hard tires because of loss of traction.

The winter tires also have a looser tread, I can make them skid badly in the wet and they can also skid in the dry with hard braking. It's not a suspension issue, it's a tire issue. With the other tires (and they are all seasons), I can't easily make a skid in the dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts