VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has 180,000 miles and I want a new suspension, what is a full job and what is a decent job?

D

·
0 Posts
A full job is probably more than you want to do.
Remove the entire suspension, have all the bushings pressed out or buy new suspension arms. Then put in new springs, struts, and rubber mounts, bushings, front strut bearings, bump stops, dust boots off the top of my head. Expect to pay at least $900 if you do it yourself.

A decent job to get you by would be new struts, and all new strut mounts, bump stops, front strut bearings, and dust boots. This can be done for under $500 and is good enough for most people. The springs are usually in okay shape and the suspension arm bushings are too much for most people. Try worldimpex or tdiparts to start shopping.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
A decent job is something that makes the car feel newer. If you want a like new ride, you need a full job as dieselguy said.

If you want performance, then you should consider going with aftermarket shocks and spring and bushings. I've done a lot of reading and people seem happy with the bilstein tc or hd or koni reds. Also change out all the old rubber parts since they will be worn out.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
The main reason people don't do a "full " suspension job is because the value isn't there.

Get new struts, all rubber parts, and dust boots. That will make a big difference and it will not cost too much either.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Eh. I've heard that the TCs don't ride nicely. The HD is a firm ride. The TC is bilstien's economy strut. For all the work, just spend a little more and get something that you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts