VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 14 Q5 TDI is best German car out of the 5 I’ve had, I may keep it til the wheels fall off. I live in Nevada so smog check shouldn’t be affected. What are other drawbacks. I appreciate your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
9,329 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

You can google it this there are many reports of power loss, bad fuel con, EGR faults. Its not a compulsory update in the UK. I asked my dealer if I had it does and I find problems can the old software be put back, they said no. So I won't have it done.

Post moved to correct section. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keithuk, I believe this is voluntary here too. So far because the emissions changeover is so new, I haven't read too many reviews on it but the ones I read were not satisfactory. I'm not so worried about losing the $4000 from Audi for not making the change, but don't like the fact I may not be able to sell it at any time later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Keithuk it's a mess so far I believe the idea to stay the course and not have the emissions changeover is right for me. I contacted Audi direct an because I have a gen 2 TDI 3.0 there are no buybacks. So I talked to Audi LAs Vegas dealership on trade in value on my 14 Q5 with 58000 miles in great shape only $24,500 dollars. So keeping it and enjoying the torque and mpg the way it was originally produced seems to be the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts