VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I ask you guys, what do you really love about your TDI? for my case is the economy and torque, Great cars and can go a lot of miles with a full tank, as well as a lot of torque, a real fun car to drive.

J

·
0 Posts
Economy and torque. You don't need a high horsepower motor because you never use the extra power anyways. The powerband is right where it needs to be. Diesel has gone up a lot in price...but so has gas!

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
The style and it's fun to drive. Getting a diesel was the icing on the cake, I was thinking about a 4 cyl but ended up with this because it was there.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
It's enough torque to drive around. The old vw diesels had about 80 ft-lbs? 50 hp? They could barely get around.

I used to have a mustang gt, so the torque isn't comparable but neither is the fuel economy!

J

·
0 Posts
True, but you use most of the power of a TDI on a daily basis. You can't use the power of a rustang GT on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With chip and nozzles you will get a better torque, and for a car with a diesel engine, it is amazing how they pull.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts