VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
audi a4 b8 2008 2.0tdi caga (143hp)

alright, I just got another issue with my car... things never seem to end, I'm starting to consider another car. a brand that's not rubbish after 8 years...

anyway, car drives super smooth (almost like a brand new one), fuel consumption is very good, no vibrations or noises. however, it seems like I'm driving an engine without a turbo. no engine malfunction light (will scan with VCDS later on today) but my acceleration is very sluggish. everything is linear and I barely get up to speed. feels more like an aspirated 1.2 engine. I'm guessing a shot turbo makes one hell of a noise, so I'm excluding that. it feels to me like there's no boost, but the symptoms of a wastegate stuck open are different, according to the internet.

any clues what it might be? boost pressure sensor? N75? wastegate actuator?

thanks

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Probably a boost control problem. Get a Mitey Vac and check the vacuum system for leaks and proper operation of the N-75 valve and the turbo actuator. The vane plate inside the turbo can carbon up and stick even if the actuator is O.K.

Probably many turbos have been replaced that were just fine when the real problem was boost control and/or a sticking vane plate.

So how is your car rubbish? It's 8 years old and requires some maintenance. No rocket science there.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Have you started with the simple things like making sure all the intake pipes are still connected?

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts