VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

please help me understand how our waste gates and controllers work, on my bew the vnt vane also known as wastegate is operated thru a electric actuator and a vaccum source for probably sensing the boost, now as we move the pedal to demand more power the difference vaccum pressure on either side of the butterfly valve should send a signal to the fuel source and also controll the waste gate to keep a well balanced operation.

in my case my turbo wheel sheared off and was stopped by my 02 sensor. i replaced the turbo, set the vnt arm similar to the old turbo, cleaned my intake, replaced my 02 sensor, but now i cant rev more than 3400 rpm downhill, and going uphill as i depress pedal for more power it stutters and by lifting off the pedal it slowly creeps uphill, once on a staightaway it rams again all the way up to 3400 rpm .....

is there a way a detailed procedure to rig and adjust all the inputs and output signals to trim the engine for best power and fuel burn.

does any body have a vag cable that can be rented or borrowed.

best regards
Vahid

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sounds like a nasty failure. The computer sensors tell the engine computer how to trim it for best power and fuel burn. The engineers wrote it to also comply with emissions. You'd have to change the enigne tuning with a chip. Check all the vacuum lines. What else did you touch/replace? Something there probably is causing your problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fault code p0234

now i have a fault code p0234, any ideas. on wed i have an appointment to take it to steve's independent volkswagen service he says he needs to use special diagnostic equipment tto see exactly what is going on, he is charging 65 dollors for that service, any input will be greatly appreciated.

vahid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts