VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audi A3 TDI with auto headlights and wipers have a rain sensor on the windshield. It's possible to set the car to auto close the windows if it detects rain. This way you can leave the windows cracked open without worrying about the interior getting wet.

I would like to document how to do this on your car. Located in CT. No charge but you have to let me poke around your car and take some pics :) I can do any other vag com (VCDS) mods that you want as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2010 A3 TDI with rain sensor -- unfortunately, I'm in GA, not CT. I've done some VCDS mods, including the open/close windows with remote, so I know my way around VCDS.

I've looked at the Golf VI procedure to set rain-close on Fourtitude, but haven't tried it yet. I might give it a shot over the weekend, so I'd appreciate any tips you might have.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a checkbox in long coding in the CECM but the cars I looked at didn't have rain sensors.

I was looking to shoot a video showing water splashing on the windshield near the rain sensor (on the rear view mirror) and then showing the windows and sunroof close. I was also looking to take screenshots of the exact steps in VCDS. The video is the big one though since I don't think many people believe it's possible and it looks cool. Many digital cameras can take video and if you take one, it'll definitely make it into the writeup. Many thanks if possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts