VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 Passat sedan, don't want to buy funny looking aftermarket foglights, want to have stock foglights buy I don't have them stock, where can I buy this?

D

·
0 Posts
Buy it at the dealership, buy it at worldimpex, buy it at a junkyard (auto recycler).

Your car has the plug and wiring in the dead spot, it's plug-play. You may have to get a euroswitch to control it though.

J

·
0 Posts
I think there is not even a screw holding it in. You just move it towards one side and pry it out. Do a search for car parts .com used, it searches auto recycler for parts near you.

J

·
0 Posts
They are not the same. You can buy one off ebay for like, $30.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ebay foglights aren't VW brand, they are depot brand, anyone have experience with them?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
The ebay foglights aren't VW brand, they are depot brand, anyone have experience with them?
They are cheap but they will work fine for foglights.

I don't recommend the counterfeit "hella" headlights though because there's a lot more energy going through them and they are not built to the same quality as the german hella headlights.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I have been searching ebay, and all I see are "genuine hella" foglights being sold with generic turn signals and dummy lights being sold out of Hong Kong. In other words, when they put "genuine", I am guessing that they mean fake, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts