VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am here in Malaysia

As it turns out the complete Adblue system is falling from leaking to stuck open EGR and so on.

Fixing adblue issues are costing me £3k

Delete EGR/DPF/Adbule will cost me £1k

Mechanic say Adblue problems may recur as diesel quality not good in Malaysia, but he also says delete can have other issues such as soot and thick smoke on high RPM and something he cant guarantee comes along.

NO strict laws here in Malaysia for emission control so I could do delete if I want to take that rout. Now I am stuck between a rock and hard place.

Dont know what to do.

Please advice if anyone of you have any experience. I dont as this is my first diesel car.

Thank you.

QUOTE REPLY

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am here in Malaysia

As it turns out the complete Adblue system is falling from leaking to stuck open EGR and so on.

Fixing adblue issues are costing me £3k

Delete EGR/DPF/Adbule will cost me £1k

Mechanic say Adblue problems may recur as diesel quality not good in Malaysia, but he also says delete can have other issues such as soot and thick smoke on high RPM and something he cant guarantee comes along.

NO strict laws here in Malaysia for emission control so I could do delete if I want to take that rout. Now I am stuck between a rock and hard place.

Dont know what to do.

Please advice if anyone of you have any experience. I dont as this is my first diesel car.

Thank you.

QUOTE REPLY
Hi, Deleting egr is not good idea. I will suggest your own research on youtube a bit before you do that. Please explain what the car is doing during driving do you have hesitation, jerking not. Also have you done diagnostic to check the codes? Egr problems are difficult but you can fix. First egr in most if not in every car is connected to with egr cooler, throttle and intercooler. From my experience if that egr system do not work properly you can have 1 million issues for which you will think those issues are not related. I am speaking from experience because I have just solve 2 year old problem which refer to egr but actually the problem were the intercooler hoses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Deleting egr is not good idea. I will suggest your own research on youtube a bit before you do that. Please explain what the car is doing during driving do you have hesitation, jerking not. Also have you done diagnostic to check the codes? Egr problems are difficult but you can fix. First egr in most if not in every car is connected to with egr cooler, throttle and intercooler. From my experience if that egr system do not work properly you can have 1 million issues for which you will think those issues are not related. I am speaking from experience because I have just solve 2 year old problem which refer to egr but actually the problem were the intercooler hoses.
Hello Supernova11,

The car is already gone to mechanic to delete the EGR/ADBLUE/DPF and all. I imported this 2017 AUDI Q7 TDI from UK, the car had adblue warning not going away beside that I filled the tank with 20litr adblue. Then the EGR suck open code came in with ECL. Meanwhile I spoke to quite a lot of mechanics around Kuala Lumpur for the fix and pretty much everybody including a German guy who runs a popular shop advised me to delete the system as the quality of diesel in Malaysia is not the best, everybody says you fix this today and the problem will comeback tomorrow. So, I took a bait and left the car to be free of this headache. They also warn me about DPF might choke overtime but that will be an easy fix.

I appreciate your help in this regard.

Many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts