VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys/gals.

On another great forum I use a user has posted a link to VW Technical 1 - Presentations 2005 which is in 3 parts.

Bentley VW Jetta Golf GTI 1999-05 (Service Manual) - 4954 page PDF manual.

The main reason for this thread is to show you how to download a Bentley - Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, GTI MK4 Service Manual - 1999-2005 - OCR - 1984 page PDF manual that covers:

Volkswagen
Jetta, Golf, GTI, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Service Manual
1.8L turbo, 1.9L TDI and PD diesel, 2.0L gasoline, 2.8L VR6

I since found that some of the other VW downloads on that site weren't English.

I've also found Passat B3 1990-94 page manual but the link isn't available any more.

If you like this manual and think its useful please tick the Like?

Mega is being a pain in the backside it now says I need to update my web browser. It shows the link to all browsers, if I click IE it says update to IE 11 which I've always used. I have Firefox as a backup and it work on there no problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
So what would you like and hand shake or applause?
I saved it for future reference as I do with most online links

I also donated to this site money wise as a thank you
Thanks for posting the link :)

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Jason you were the only one that clicked Like I was just asking about the other downloads.

The Like function is new to this site which is easy to click if something is useful, probably users don't know its there.

Reactions: Sparkn

·
Registered
181 Posts
No worries Keith
I just noticed it too at that time and found it useful as it shows up as subscribed threads for easy finding again

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys I found a good ETKA type site online. Now there aren't any new models of Golf. You can switch countries depending where you live and manufactures even Porsche. You can do a VIN number search if you click on VIN on the green VIN label on the bar. I can be a bit slow in responding if a lot of users are using it but what do you want for free?

It also recommends you use FireFox browser but it works on my IE11 .

http://ifinterface.com/page/page3.php?langid=1

Just click on CarProg2.

Check it out and see what you think, click the Like if you think its useful without downloading ETKA?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get yourself ELSAWIN.....you have no idea how much information you can get there. Took about 40GB of my PC´s hard drive space. From detailed Electrical drawings to basic maintenance instructions hence you can´t beat most of this forum DIY material as we need helpful tips in coloured real life pictures doing things without having all of those toolkits maindealers have.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a message from a user on another forum, file not available. I've uploaded it again, new link in post#1.

Now I test ALL uploads to RapidShare and they work, even though jonlowe says my VAG Engine & Transmission Codes doesn't anymore. None of the previous 88 downloads from here said nothing.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ALT 10000 you have just clicked the Like so did it download OK from RapidShare?

RapidShare is no longer available I've moved to Mega.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was checking all my VW Self Study Books today and I noticed bentley_vw_jetta_golf_gti_99-05(service manual).pdf that's a 4954 page pdf compared with 1984 page with this one. If anyone wants if let me know?

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are wiring diagrams in this one from page 1373 on. There is an electrical section in the other one but no wiring diagrams.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I installed ElsaWin a couple of years ago just to try it out. I installed it again last month so I could find all details for my 2010 Golf GTD.

You can copy and paste all text and pictures into a Word document the convert that to a pdf file.

With ElsaWin you don't search for 2010 Golf GTD you have to enter details from the Data Sticker (Options Sticker).

Mine is:

Make: Volkswagen V
Model year: 2010
Sales Type: 5K188L
Engine Code: CBBB
Transmission Code: KXZ
Final Drive Ident: ??? Now the Final Drive Ident isn't listed on the data sticker but it does work without that.

If you want me to check any data on your model I do need the same 5 items for your model if you want to post them.

I've google it for data stickers and added info from them and they work.

Model year: 2009
Sales model: 5K146L, Golf 2.0 TDI
Engine Code: CBAB, 103Kw/140PS CommonRail
Transmission Code: LHD

Make: Audi A
Model year: 2005
Sales model: 8AP52C, A3 Sportback FSI
Engine Code: BPY
Transmission Code: GUT

From the above data sticker.

Model year: 2009
Sales model: 3D353A, Pheaton 4M5-Sit 176fT
Engine Code: CEXA, TD 2967cc 176Kw/239PS CommonRail
Transmission Code: FGE

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've changed my upload site to https://mega.co.nz after RapidShare wanted to charge €49.99 per month, all my apps will now comes from this site.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi guys.

I started making this app in December 2013 and it worked ok. I went back to it a couple of weeks ago but I was having problems using the Adobe flash player in VB.

VB6.0 - Basic Flash Player

Now this app uses one control ieframe.dll the web browser for the flash movie player. This should be on your system as its installed as part of Internet Explorer whether you use IE or not. This is the same that's used in my EOBD II Fault Codes software so it that works this one will.

I've only found 6 VW flash player movie's:

1.8T Turbocharger Operation
1.9T Turbocharger Operation (Diesel)
CAN-BUS Operation
Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP) Operation
Immobilizer Theory IMMO 2 and 3
Immobilizer 7-Digit PIN

I Googled but I can't find anymore. If you find any on the web please send me a link? I really need the swf file, though I can use the web link as its a web browser control I'm using.

As normal please read ReadMe First.txt before you use it.

If you think this app is useful please click the Like button in this thread.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I posted a couple of Audi and VW Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) web link I found on another forum the other day but you need ElsaWin installed to use it so I deleted it.

I've done another google it search for VW TSBs and it came back the first site in the list http://www.vwproblems.com/tsbs/ I saved it in Favorites and tried it later and it would show. So if this site doesn't work for you just Google search VW TSBs and its the first one in the list. The are Recalls and Investigations listed as well.

Reactions: Sunny Snake

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts