VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, the scanner readout suggests "boost pressure fault". no lights on dash.
so far the garage has
1. cleaned the turbo
2.new MAF
3.checked high pressure/vacuum pipes
4. changed N75
5. cleaned EGR valve
i am at a loss now, has anybody got any suggestions what to do next ?
if i stay under 60mph there is no problem, it drives and accelerates like normal.

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

What did you scan it with? A generic scanner or VAG-COM\VCDS?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts
VAG Error Code: 17965/005463

EOBD II Error Code: P1557

Fault Location:
Charge Pressure Control - Positive Deviation

Possible Cause:
Reduced power output.
Limp mode.
Limp mode: What is it, what are the causes, and how to fix it for the Audi and VW TDI diesel turbo.

Boost Pressure too High.
Hoses/Pipes incorrectly connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking.
Charger Pressure Control defective.
Variable Nozzle Turbo (VNT) nozzles stuck.
Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective.

Possible Solutions:
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components.
Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75).
Check/Clean/Replace Charge Pressure Control.
Check/Clean mechanism for variable nozzles.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bet there's a hole in one of the lines running to/from your turbo. I had this happen on my old Jetta and it was a hole in the lower intercooler pipe. Easy fix!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks kenneth, i think you might be right, only on first sight, no tears or holes were visible. i am leaving the van at the garage while i am away for 10 days and i mentioned the pipes. i really can not think of anything else. i changed all the sensors, cleaned ad checked all the components, including the turbo itself. nothing sticks, all moves as it should when vaccum or pressure is supplied.
thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks kenneth, i think you might be right, only on first sight, no tears or holes were visible. i am leaving the van at the garage while i am away for 10 days and i mentioned the pipes. i really can not think of anything else. i changed all the sensors, cleaned ad checked all the components, including the turbo itself. nothing sticks, all moves as it should when vaccum or pressure is supplied.
thanks again
Hi did you sort the issue you had? Have the same problem. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts