VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum but, old to the cars.

Been a service tech for 31 years, with VW. The good old days are gone fellas. I remember when I had 4 car lines to work on VW, Audi, Mazda and Subaru. To know it all about them all is not possible now.

I've had the pleasure of working on both sides of the fence so, I can relate to comments made both ways.

I don't post all to much on these forums unless I think more info is needed. It is more for the hobby of reading. This forum appears to be more pleasent than others and that's a good thing.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

The faq on here is superb and I think forums are great for learning and picking up info, occasionally you get idiots arguing over silly stuff but most of the time it's good. I also find it good for getting opinions on products that you may be thinking of.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well about 10-15 years ago Mazda and Subaru were much better. Though we sold about 3 times the amount of Mazda and Subaru as VW, our pile of warranty parts for VW was much higher. As far as reliablity there is not much difference now though Subaru is still better. Them Germans always have to do things the hard way for some reason. Right now we are having our share of problems with the new CR engine emissions system. Service bulletins and tech tips every other day it seems. I would not recommend buying a new model the first or second year it comes out. The New Jetta is no different, we have several RVU on those now to. I work in a high volume shop with 8 other techs and we seem to see it all between us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts