VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, my name is sam from canada,
I was looking for some solution to my problem over google it, till i found this forum welcometomyturbodies.
my problem is the immobilizer or the anti-theft device in the ignition started acting up (the yellow sign blink whenever i put the key in ignition cylinder, the car would start and then immediately turn off.)
well i check with the local dealer, they said that my key is broken and i need to get a new one. after i got the new key, they program it, everything were fine till one month passe, i got the same problem. back to the dealer, after one hour check up, they said well it's not the key werd. they contact the factory in Germany to get some help :panic:, because the technician doesn't know where is the problem :dunno. the support tell him to check ignition cylinder, wire, CPU.... before to know what wrong with the car :confused: ( the counter doesn't stop, they charge every single second) .
So i can't take it any more, paying someone he doesn't know his job.
so please, if some one know how to bypasse the immobilizer please let me know.
Thanks for your help
Best regards
Sam

·
Registered
90 Posts
The only sure way is through chip tuning. There's no relay you can pull or wire to jump. Ask for a refund because you paid for work and they didn't do it. The problem is still there. Support is probably right, you have to fix the ignition cylinder or wiring.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I worked on a 2000 Jetta with a similar scenario. To my knowledge there isn't any reprogramming that will bypass the Immobilizer, otherwise every car thief with a laptop and a Ross Tech program would be out there doing it.

You will have a fault recorded In the ECU "control module locked" /sp
You should have a fault in the Instrument cluster (17) " incorrect or low key signal" / sp
Probably one in Gateway bus (19) "check fault memory of ECU"

I had replaced a key for the customer and adapted it as well as her other key....... 2 months later same sh**. Replaced the "reader" (lock cylinder) 2 months later same sh**
Decided to go to junkyard and get Inst. cluster and ECU from '99 without Immobilizer....... Doesn't work. The airbag light will be on and the fault In gateway bus will be "airbag control module no communication with Inst. cluster".
I remove the ECU and Inst. cluster and return them to the junkyard , mean while the car was sitting with the original stuff on my toolbox. I returned and put the car back together.
I worked on the same car for another 8 years till the girl sold it and THE PROBLEM NEVER CAME BACK.

VW had a "voodoo" fix whereby you disconnect both battery terminals, hold the two together for 10 seconds and then wait 1/2 hour before re-connecting. The purpose was to discharge the capacitors in the control units to clear out any "brain farts" they might have. I suppose my leaving the 2 control units out on my toolbox for an hour or so accomplished the same thing.

Try it.... it is free and you have nothing to loose, you will have to recode radio etc.
Hope this helps! L

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have used the battery cable connect reset many times with good results. Somtimes controllers just get "stuck on stupid" and need to be reset.

·
Registered
16 Posts
larry smiths1 is right.thats what you should do.take your car to the junk yard :) i was kidding. he removed the cluster and ecu. at that point he moved all the connections.thats what you should do. if one of the pins from connectors is loose or coroded a little and depending how humid or dry or cold or worm is theare sametime can provide the correct info from key to cluster sametimes not.if you clean them and reconect them they should work.(you can use same contact grease on them)disconecting the battery and holding toghether + and the - will erase codes but wont fix the problem. if is a connection problem ill come back again.do that if you wonna sale your car. ill may work till they drivetest it :)))

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2002 new beetle stuck in my garage with the immobilizer not allowing a startup. Any bright ideas how to start it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts