VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought my first diesel, a 1999 Jetta TDI 5-speed. I bought it as my everyday use car, but I plan to do as much maintenance myself as possible, and want to get into making my own biodiesel down the pike.

The car does need some work as of now, there are some check engine light alerts on, I had them pulled and they are p1251, p1619, and p1246. There is one other code, but it is related to the fact that there is a custom EGR valve replacement installed on the car atm, which I am trying to switch back to the OEM model ASAP. It also has a custom tailpipe that I want to swap back, I will probably try to sell both mods if anyone is interested (I am located in Delaware County, PA). Does anyone have a stock tailpipe assembly in good condition?

Lastly, does anyone here know of good parts resources online, or have a favored parts dealer in SE PA?

I'm having a lot of fun so far fixing up my car and look forward to becoming a part of this community!

-Robin

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Why get rid of the custom tailpipe? Try car-part.com, it lets you search junkyards or you can post a classified ad here.

The EGR replacement will throw a code unless it's removed by a chip tuner. The stock unit could help stop a runaway engine too, see the FAQ for more on this.
welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts