VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ppl, this is my first post, so be gentle :)

I have a problem on mine Golf V 2.0 tdi bkd pd engine

It has started year and a half ago to be very rough in idle (after warming up) so now the time has came to prepere to solve the problem.

The shaking in idel is very rough, i can feel it try my body.

The rpm are stayin OK, thay dont go high or low

When im gona turn the A/C on the shaking stops, OFF clima shaking again is there

I can see thet a lot of owners of BKD PD engines have the same problem but noone is writing for the solution, that is no fair from their side.

The fuel consumption i think is high, just now did a full test (Filling up to the maximum with diesel, driving then 100 kilometres and then filling it up again to the top) it showed 9.5litre per 100km, which i think is a little bit high.

Please someone with the same problem, but someone who has solved it.

Thank you all.:panic:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I think that is becouse is worn dual mass flywheel.Damaged flywheel couse shaking that can be feel in cabin.
Fuel consumption is too big,so check with vag-com injectors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When you turn on the AC, there will be more fuel injected per stroke and it will ignite. Adjust PD injector units or replace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi ppl,

Back again after VAG com, it shows two permanent errors

The problem is... they did not tell me the final conclusion at all! :((

Anyone?

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
19794 is the glow plugs. I don't think that is causing the idle problem.

18051 is ECU memory. Could there be an ECU fault? Possible. Have you checked the wiring for any cracks or rubbing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
19794 is the glow plugs. I don't think that is causing the idle problem.

18051 is ECU memory. Could there be an ECU fault? Possible. Have you checked the wiring for any cracks or rubbing?[/QUOTE

Hello again, tnx for your answers, before 7 days everything went away.....the car is running smooth....so strange, so i left it like that for now just waiting to start to do problems again, strange.:dunno

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there, very old thread I know, but for people searching for this problem, I would maybe suggest replacing the injector & glow plug wiring loom, especially if you get a glow plug code and experience rough idle, this is located inside, (yes inside) the rocker cover box. Very easy to get to, but a bit of a pig to fit. The loom is £90 from TPS and is a very common problem due to being sat in oil all its life it gets brittle and causes resistance. hope this helps someone, cheers

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Hi there, very old thread I know, but for people searching for this problem, I would maybe suggest replacing the injector & glow plug wiring loom, especially if you get a glow plug code and experience rough idle, this is located inside, (yes inside) the rocker cover box.
Glow plugs have nothing to do with rough idle. In fact, they shut off immediately after the engine starts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know that, I'm a mechanic by trade, but did you realise that the wiring loom for the glow plugs is the same loom for the injectors on the BKD engine. And the loom is sat inside the rocker cover where oil gets hot and cold making the wiring very brittle. Thus, if the cars throwing up a code for glow plugs (especially if more than one), it's more than likely the wiring loom. Which coincidently can create a rough idle!

Also, another update in regards to rough idle, try adjusting the timing, by checking the Torsion value inside VCDS, and adjusting accordingly, loads of guides on google.

And also, if u have no luck with any of these, go into VCDS, engine -01, adaptation, the channel 06 on my 2004 A3 (May differ on other cars) and adjust the standard value of 830 to 819, this is the value the car try's to idle at, e.g 830rpm, it's very happy at 819, but that judder you feel at idle is the car trying to achieve that 830 value but failing.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old thread I know, But what you say, rickardodiaz, sounds very true to what I am experiencing with one of my 2.0 tdi pd 16v Octi's. Got a glow plug fail according to VCDS, but have had a lumpy idle since 189k miles, it's now done 253k and that lumpyness is now evident through from idle (which I have raised up a couple of times since I first noticed it) to now being in the rev range of up to 1500 rpm when in slow moving traffic, but this is only occasionally, most of the time it runs fine, but it has got worse and now with the glow plug fault on VCDS I am thinking that it is time to bite the bullet and replace the loom that supplies both. I don't have any error codes for injectors though, which I would have thought would have flagged up now after over 50k miles!

Still, it's worth a loom to try, even if I can give someone else the answer or not to the lumpiness that is so common in these engines, which I have found to be well moaned about online but no-one actually gives a good idea as to what can be the issue, nothing concrete anyway! My other octi has just started doing it occasionally on idle, but nothing to worry about just now, so it this works on the one, then the other one will have the same treatment of it persists!

Many thanks for the info, I know it was a long time ago, but it has given me some hope. Cheers rickardodiaz! If it sorts the issues then i will post on here so that others in my situation can get cracking and bring their BKD's back to good health!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have you tried running some injector cleaner through a couple of times? I had a lumpy idle, poor acceleration generally fatigued engine. Put a couple of treatments through and it’s performance has improved dramatically, the lumpy idle has gone the acceleration has improved.
The van has done 200k+.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have chucked shit loads through over the years, even poured a whole bottle into the fuel filter housing (like we used to do with old land rovers before MOT, I am a mechanic), but this has had no affect on the idle at all! I have changed things that needed changing though over the time it has been playing up, eg. EGR, turbo failed at 212k, the flywheel was noisy so I popped a new one in with a clutch kit, but it just never seems to go away, and it is fine one journey and then the next will play up like a right arse! Don't worry me too much, but now it has started doing it at higher revs, i.e. when I'm driving at low revs, it looks like I can't drive when it hick ups and my wife tells me to get some driving lessons........ gets me back up that does!!!!!

Thanks for the quick reply though Vdubcaddy, I guess yours is the 1.9 tdi, which some say is more reliable than the 2.0!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts