VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your link is invalid.

I think one reason why VW is not on that list, is because traditionally, most people that purchase VW's are more skilled drivers and not elderly. Toyota's are one car that are purchased by a lot of elderly drivers and people that just don't know how to drive.

I'm not trying to be prejudice here, but there are clearly some inherently bad drivers from certain ethnic backgrounds. Trust me, I see first hand, being an accident investigator for the past 20+ years.

I've investigated several accidents involving cars that "lurched forward" and not one showed any evidence of a defective or poorly designed vehicle.
Age may be a factor, but I note that at least two of the vehicles in the top 20 for UIA are the Toyota Tacoma, Ford Mustang which, I would think have appeal to younger people. Also, quite a few brands had zero reported incidents including Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Mazda and all European cars, except Saab. These cars are sold to a broad cross-section of people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.