VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 jetta with a valet key only. I purchased a new key from vw dlr. using the vin. number. I have not taken it for programming. Now the orange key in the speedo cluster never quits blinking & the car will not stay running using either key. I would like to diable the immobilzer to drive to the vw dealer for programming.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There's no way to disable it to drive to the dealer unless you have VCDS and the SKC number. Try leaving the car on with the good key for a half hour and it should clear up. If you can get the SKC number the FAQ article says you can use it to drive to the dealer. If you don't have the SKC you're SOL. You can try vag tacho to get the SKC number but you have to go out and buy it off ebay and wait for it to get to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick responce..I have completed the recommendations & can report success. I will keep the new un-programmed key far away from the ign........Thanks for your help. Steve Munsey/Greenville, SC

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 VW Jetta GLI. I just bought a replacement cluster from same model and year, and the after installing it, the car wont start. What do I do?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2004 VW Jetta GLI. I just bought a replacement cluster from same model and year, and the after installing it, the car wont start. What do I do?
You can not put a used cluster from another car in. The Immobilizer will not allow it to work. Start by putting the old cluster back in the car. Study up on the system In this forum. You may be Better off tacking the car to a shop that has the equipment (vag com ) to repair it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts