VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

I have a vw golf mk4 tdi 2000 with AHF engine code. I am having a problem periodically when the car is stopped you can feel it shaking a little bit (like the fan is working) for like a minute and then stops and runs smoothly again. I checked the hood and the whole engine is shaking like something is going wrong. The car has on it 150 000 KM. Do you think that i need to change my timing belt? What could cause that?

FYI I recently changed my turbo and clutch(SMF), i also changed my MAF.

Thank you and keep going with the great job!!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Motor mounts? Unbalanced fuel delivery? The engine should be able to balance out a little difference in the fuel injectors but I've never seen shaking so bad the entire car shakes at idle and then is fine. See if there are any error codes.

Change the timing belt according to VW's recommended service intervals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

i have checked with the vag com and the only error i m getting is abs sensor. i dont think it is the engine mount if thats whats you mean. it is only little vibrations and not all the time especially when i stop for traffic lights. any other suggestions please?
thank you again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope the fan is not working, i was just giving you an example showing that is a tiny vibration not something hard.. the fan is wotking when it has to but then i know is the fan.. any ideas? thank you again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts