VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
Volkswagen EOS 2.0 TFSi 2007
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Quick introduction as I am currently restoring 3 VW Eos's in Rugby, England.... All have various problems, but the plan is to have them up and ready for the Summer. I have:

2006 2.0TDi with 113,000 miles - Red / Cornsilk
2006 2.0TFSi with 58,000 miles - Black / Black
2007 2.0TFSi with 68,000 miles - Black / Cornsilk

I've already done a full service on the TDi, it had a problem with the glow plug light flashing occasionally and error codes for all glow plugs - ground to short. A quick replacement of the Glow Plug Relay sorted that one out. I replaced all the glow plugs afterwards too.

Occasionally, I get a dash warning requiring it to be taken to the shop - P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirc. Flow: Insufficient Detected... So, I need to strip off the EGR Valve / Cooler and give that a good clean out.

I was also getting a engine issue under acceleration in 3rd gear, it was cutting power quite violently. No faults shown, but I replaced both front ABS Sensors and problem solved. I think it was the OSF that was failing, within tolerances, but the computer was thinking the wheel was skidding. Again, a really cheap fix.

Otherwise, it's a good car, just needs a really good clean and detailing - which is what I'm good at!

Hopefully I can be of assistance to the forum too. I use both VCDS and Launch Diagnostics.

Simon

· Registered
15 Posts
Hi there, Quick introduction as I am currently restoring 3 VW Eos's in Rugby, England.... All have various problems, but the plan is to have them up and ready for the Summer. I have: 2006 2.0TDi with 113,000 miles - Red / Cornsilk 2006 2.0TFSi with 58,000 miles - Black / Black 2007 2.0TFSi with 68,000 miles - Black / Cornsilk I've already done a full service on the TDi, it had a problem with the glow plug light flashing occasionally and error codes for all glow plugs - ground to short. A quick replacement of the Glow Plug Relay sorted that one out. I replaced all the glow plugs afterwards too. Occasionally, I get a dash warning requiring it to be taken to the shop - P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirc. Flow: Insufficient Detected... So, I need to strip off the EGR Valve / Cooler and give that a good clean out. I was also getting a engine issue under acceleration in 3rd gear, it was cutting power quite violently. No faults shown, but I replaced both front ABS Sensors and problem solved. I think it was the OSF that was failing, within tolerances, but the computer was thinking the wheel was skidding. Again, a really cheap fix. Otherwise, it's a good car, just needs a really good clean and detailing - which is what I'm good at! Hopefully I can be of assistance to the forum too. I use both VCDS and Launch Diagnostics. Simon
Hi, just a note to say that I went through a lot of glow plugs until I found out that most codes are the result of there being more than point 5 (a fifth) Ohms difference in resistance among the plugs. I began keeping plugs, then grouping them by resistance and putting them back in. Haven't bout any new glow plus in a long time. (2001 ALH)

· Premium Member
9 Posts
Hi, just a note to say that I went through a lot of glow plugs until I found out that most codes are the result of there being more than point 5 (a fifth) Ohms difference in resistance among the plugs. I began keeping plugs, then grouping them by resistance and putting them back in. Haven't bout any new glow plus in a long time. (2001 ALH)
Thanks for the insight and tip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts