VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this 99 bug tdi is givin me a fit Gone through everything just took the intake off
and wasnt hardly gunked up - valves dont look any worse , Vw mechanics have checked
the systems turbo is fine , maf is fine , All sensors related are fine ,Car starts and runs fine
no fuel leak new filter - do i need a pump the mechanic tells me the fuel is there but
now that ive told him the intake is clean hes sayin maybe pump how will I know forsure ?
thanks for any ideas

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Error codes? If the injection pump is severely out of bounds it should throw a code.

When the VW mechanics said the MAF is fine, there's a big difference between not having any MAF error codes and having a good MAF. In fact, the usual failure mode is that the MAF is bad without any error codes. Here is the article on it: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a4/MAF-sensor-testing-VW-cleaner.htm To confirm if the MAF is good or bad you have to datalog the sensor reading.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok so this 99 bug tdi is givin me a fit Gone through everything just took the intake off
and wasnt hardly gunked up - valves dont look any worse , Vw mechanics have checked
the systems turbo is fine , maf is fine , All sensors related are fine ,Car starts and runs fine
no fuel leak new filter - do i need a pump the mechanic tells me the fuel is there but
now that ive told him the intake is clean hes sayin maybe pump how will I know forsure ?
thanks for any ideas
Sounds exactly like what mines doing. Only quirk is that at about 2200rmp in 3rd gear it has a power surge like its going to take off but only lasts a sec. I haven't had diagnostics run on it yet but will soon. I did try a new MAF no difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts