VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I imagine this will be in addition to getting the cars fixed. A nice gesture. What exactly would you ask an attorney about? If owners sue VW in the future, all signs point to a class action where the only winners are the lawyers.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
What exactly would you ask an attorney about?
VW has already publicly stated that accepting the offer doesn't require the recipient to waive any rights to pursue legal action against VW. Unless your attorney works pro bono, your consult could eat up a significant portion of your VW goodwill offer.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I already signed up for the money...just in time for Christmas. I figure, better get it now before they change their mind.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I bought one of the older cars with 95k on the clock. I can't imagine getting an attorney for a $1k depreciation hit. So this seems just right for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
For the newer cars in California, it seems that the owners can make claims under California's "lemon law." Normally, such claims are arbitrated by "BBB Autoline" and are not binding on the owner. If the owner accepts the results of the arbitration, it IS binding on VW. When I sought arbitration, I was informed by BBB Autoline that they no longer handle arbitration and referred me to VW Customer Care. I inquired of VW customer care and they have not provided who the arbitrator might be. In light of this development, I am quite afraid of the arbitration language and South Dakota limitation in the goodwill offer. I don't think I would give VW any points for veracity at this time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You should clarify that it is the VW defense lawyers are the only ones who will profit if the owners get nothing. If the owners get nothing, neither do the class action plaintiff lawyers get anything.

I imagine this will be in addition to getting the cars fixed. A nice gesture. What exactly would you ask an attorney about? If owners sue VW in the future, all signs point to a class action where the only winners are the lawyers.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
For the newer cars in California, it seems that the owners can make claims under California's "lemon law." Normally, such claims are arbitrated by "BBB Autoline" and are not binding on the owner. If the owner accepts the results of the arbitration, it IS binding on VW. When I sought arbitration, I was informed by BBB Autoline that they no longer handle arbitration and referred me to VW Customer Care. I inquired of VW customer care and they have not provided who the arbitrator might be. In light of this development, I am quite afraid of the arbitration language and South Dakota limitation in the goodwill offer. I don't think I would give VW any points for veracity at this time.
What arbitration language are you looking at, as the only thing I see is the debit card agreement (not even remotely applied to the package as a whoel or the scandal, just the debit card...)

Affected customers eligible for the Goodwill Package are not required to waive their rights or release their claims against VWGoA in order to receive the Package.
https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/goodwill_package/

·
Registered
138 Posts
That was the only language I saw also. I found it to be ambiguous and therefore dangerous to make a bet on the limits of that language. That said, Jalopnik posted an interesting link here. That personally gives me a degree of assurance. I'm still holding off for the time being.

That's the only arbitration language I see too.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I answered you in the other thread; they clearly state right on the goodwill page that you are not giving up any rights. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
All this story about VW emissions was so tricky and it took too much time to solve it. More than that a lot of cars were sent back to the dealer and those who had VW were left without wheels. In some of the cases the money was given back or they received another car. This is what happened to me, my Golf was sent back to the manufacturer and they gave me the money. Well, after this, the main question for me was what car should I choose instead and how much will it cost for me. I decided to go for a new car, but the money I had at the moment was not enough and that's why I started to think how can I solve this issue of mine. The best option was to have a credit, more than that, I found a great credit company a few time ago and I decided to try it out. It was a good idea, and I wasn't scammed, the company is really great and the offers are pretty interesting. Go on and check it, if you are interested in credit, here is the link https://credit-10.com/es/vivus-prestamos/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts