VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone had vw replace their motor and it takes over 6 months? They have my car since november to get a new motor and they said the supplier has no idea of when it will be available so I been waiting car less for 6 months I made a claim with vw care but they said the same thing they didn’t even give me a loaner or anything and it is part of the tdi extended warranty, thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is not good news. Haven't had to replace it yet but I have spent over $10k since December trying to fix my 2013 TDI. Now still trying to find a mysterious coolant leak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a mysterious coolant leak too, for two years; replaced intercooler the hoses the tank the oil filter housing too (it was melted) well vw has to replace it because apparently my motor was burning my oil or something, I brought it over 10 times because my car was doing regen every 20 or 30 miles wouldn’t let me drive it at 80, I got a new advisor cuz the other one refused me and after they did tests they said they would have to replace the motor, it was part of the extended warranty, they replaced turbo, dpf, intercooler nox, the urea tank and now my motor but all this waiting and that’s my only car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is not good news. Haven't had to replace it yet but I have spent over $10k since December trying to fix my 2013 TDI. Now still trying to find a mysterious coolant leak.
And actually I don’t even know if the coolant is fixed because I haven’t been able to monitor it and see if she leaking or not but those coolant leaks ain’t no joke!

·
Registered
6 Posts
VW replaced my heater core under warranty. I had an extended warranty but it had expired 10k miles before my turbo blew, my oil cooler housing melted as well, the water pump , timing belt and tensioner twice, valve cover gasket, fuel injector O-rings, etc. all of which came out of my pocket. If I had known in December that I would be spending $10k over the next few months I would have scrapped it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn that sucks, I think I just got lucky I didn’t know about all the recalls on my car from the diesel scandal so I found out January 2019 n when I took it my dpf started failing and everything else so under the extended warranty they did that and the motor well I only had about 5k miles till the extended warranty is up which I hope it’s the problem cuz there’s always something up with her she’s got 218k miles would’ve had more but it’s been a year since she’s been used :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, hopefully they should warrant the new engine (when ever they get it..?). Perhaps, you should ask them to buy the car back from you..? You may want to call VW of North America and see what they would do? You may also want to call your Congressman and/or the Federal Trade Commission and tell them your story..? Couldn't hurt. An just another tidbit, I bought my wife a new VW Beetle convertible. We were on a mini vacation and the battery died (my wife "for the third time"). AAA jumped us but said we had a dead cell. Went to AutoZone to get a new battery and they said that VW only could install a battery in that model? So I went to the VW to get a new battery under warranty and they said the battery checked out fine? I said "no problem - watch this". Got in the car, drove to the Honda dealership next door and traded for a new Civic on the spot. True story.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, hopefully they should warrant the new engine (when ever they get it..?). Perhaps, you should ask them to buy the car back from you..? You may want to call VW of North America and see what they would do? You may also want to call your Congressman and/or the Federal Trade Commission and tell them your story..? Couldn't hurt. An just another tidbit, I bought my wife a new VW Beetle convertible. We were on a mini vacation and the battery died (my wife "for the third time"). AAA jumped us but said we had a dead cell. Went to AutoZone to get a new battery and they said that VW only could install a battery in that model? So I went to the VW to get a new battery under warranty and they said the battery checked out fine? I said "no problem - watch this". Got in the car, drove to the Honda dealership next door and traded for a new Civic on the spot. True story.
I hope they somehow warrant it, all my issues except the coolant was after they did the recalls that’s when my engine started failing and even after I took it back they dismissed me since dec 2019 when car lost a big bottle of oil in about 600 miles then she wouldn’t ride good half of 2020 she was in the mechanics here for 3 months they found the problem couldn’t figure out why or how to fix it but they fixed other lil stuff I asked for including coolant and they told me to go to vw because it had to do with something or the software i don’t know, I went and the old advisor told my new advisor don’t bother with me but still he took care of me and changed my nox sensor n intercooler and I went back to him and told him nothing changed, regens are still being done super early loss of power blah blah they took weeks doing tests and well this is where we are now, I wouldn’t like to change my car she got so many miles they would give me 2k for her but I guess if I get her back or when I do if she still bad I will have to because it’s just unfair and I don’t know anything about buyback or anything I did have to contact vw of America again (last time they wanted to charge me 10k for the turbo n dpf that was under warranty so that’s why they don’t like me they think I’m tryna get free parts or something) but vw of America said they don’t know how long it’s gonna be it’s basically an indefinite amount of time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A VW TDI is not a good vehicle to have and not be under a warranty. I've learned my lesson.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I learned the hard way too 🥺
Since the day before Christmas I have spent $11,115.00 on mechanical repairs to my 2013 Passat TDI. I picked it up from the shop again yesterday. They finally found the coolant leak and removed and replaced the intercooler.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since the day before Christmas I have spent $11,115.00 on mechanical repairs to my 2013 Passat TDI. I picked it up from the shop again yesterday. They finally found the coolant leak and removed and replaced the intercooler.
Oh man I wish I would’ve told you! that was also what I had to replace it too, and after it was put on by my mechanic (sons dad) vw replaced it too so I spent the money for parts for nothing, my sons dad was the one to fix most of all its problems and still it was never ending I can only hope when she gets back she is not losing coolant cuz I am tired of checking it for coolant everywhere I go because I’m paranoid about it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well hopefully I am done with repairs for a long while. Fingers crossed. I had a rental car, a Dodge Charger, nice car...!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts