VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question Garrett is being super slow to answer. Damaged the old turbo (17/22, not made anymore, replacing with a new vnt17). I received the turbo the other day and while unpacking, noticed that the jam nut for the vane position was loose and the knurled bit spun so the paint marks are no longer aligned. I’m not sure which way it spun to return it to the factory setting. Any chance one of you either has the official vacuum number the vane is supposed to start moving at or someone who has an unmodified vnt17 could measure the vacuum and toss me a number to get mine on the road? Unfortunately, my daily is down until I get this info so I really appreciate your help. Thanks, J

· Premium Member
58 Posts
Got a question Garrett is being super slow to answer. Damaged the old turbo (17/22, not made anymore, replacing with a new vnt17). I received the turbo the other day and while unpacking, noticed that the jam nut for the vane position was loose and the knurled bit spun so the paint marks are no longer aligned. I’m not sure which way it spun to return it to the factory setting. Any chance one of you either has the official vacuum number the vane is supposed to start moving at or someone who has an unmodified vnt17 could measure the vacuum and toss me a number to get mine on the road? Unfortunately, my daily is down until I get this info so I really appreciate your help. Thanks, J
Are you talking about the actuator arm adjustment or the set screw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts