VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,,
Kind of new to this forum thingy,, I am currently helping a friend with an 2002 Golf GT TDI 150 ARL, we have reconditioned the turbo ??? everything seems ok but turbo is not boosting,, only thing I can think of is that the vnt rod is out of adjustment ??? It has had a full recon kit and thourghly de-coked due to sticky vane issue,, vacum to acctuator is fine and acctuator is holding a vacum ,,all pipes are good ?? Can anyone please explain the best way to set up the rod ?? it is still in the postion it was in when the turbo was dissmantled.Oh and have fitted new MAFF to boot !!

Many Thanks,, Drew.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Here is how to adjust the rod on an ALH engine: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a4/VNT-wastegate-adjust.htm

I don't know the specs for your GT 150 ARL engine but the procedure should be similar. There might be a difference in the vac specs that the rod moves because they may use a stronger actuator for higher boost.

If the turbo is not boosting at all, it could be a sensor or fueling problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks.

The car is still not running properly eg 50 percent power,, turbo seems to be spinning, vnt rod pulls down on stop and stays there when you start the car and moves up and down slightly when you rev it up.Took of air flow pipe off after the maf and coverd it with my hand,,, engine stalled so not drawning air from intercooler side . Vnt rod is set back to where it was before I adjusted it twice,,each time lenghtening by 5 mm which made no difference Checked vacum on this Golf 150 with my Golf 115 with an old vacum boost gauge out of an RS Turbo,, results were very similar but friend noticed that my 115 was a bit smoother and the problem 150 was a bit more jerky on the needle ??? Any other ideas before I start on the Prozac LOL,,

Thanks Again,, Drew .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts