VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.I drive a vw passat 2002 with 150.000 miles on it.it is a AVF engine tdi.i feel vibrations on idle(more when engine is cold)when is normal temp are less.i have a bad vibration from 1600 to 2000 rpm.after 2000 is all ok.the vibration are on all gears and in neutral.i also notice a little vibration on the steering wheel and in the shift knob.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Well you can try then normal things like check engine/transmission mountings/exhaust?

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Flywheel out of balance or warped. I hope I am wrong. Try removing accessory belt and test drive it around the block. See if vibrations are still there. This will eliminate bad pulley bearings of AC compressor, PS pump, Alternator.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There are a number of things that can cause vibration while running, but one tip not mentioned is the CV joints.

On the B5 Passat, Audi A4, A6, if the outer CV joint is bad, it will transmit vibrations through the whole car at idle while stopped in gear if automatic. If you go into neutral or park and the vibrations are gone, it's the CV joints.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is manual transmission.cant be CV joints because vibrations i feel when i am in neutral, stopped and rev the engine from 1600 - 2000.i think is the flywheel. :( when i floor it from low rpm i hear too much noises and vibrations.DMF?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue

Did you ever confirm what the problem was?

I'm having the exact same issue on a 2004 Passat TDI with 155k on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts