VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like many other users on here, have been extremely frustrated with the missing content. I have tried my best over the past few months to get any contact from VerticalScope directly (parent company of My Turbo Diesel, which they bought out a year or so ago). Instead, their support company, California Help Desk, are the only ones to respond. These are the 'admins' of this site.

I have repeatedly asked for a refund, which they refuse. They say their system does not allow it. The site is also now a subscription (not a single-purchase, like before), and they claim to be unable to cancel that subscription. I was told over email to use PayPal (my original payment method) to do so. There is obviously no way to do this through PayPal, so I requested a refund of the original payment though PayPal. VerticalScope refused.

As far as I know, we are all being charged yearly for this site. There is no way to cancel your subscription on this site without fully refusing charges through your card, or payment provider.

I am filing a report through Better Business Bureau (they have an A!). This company also has a poor record with privacy, having several major data breaches over the past two years.

I would highly suggest everyone try calling VerticalScope at 416-341-8950 and telling their answering machine how you feel. I would also suggest filing a report with BBB yourself. chttps://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started.

These people do not deserve your money. They are absolute scum, scam artists, uninterested with the community we had been growing around these cars.

FYI to Jeff M - you can't talk to people that way in a customer service position. You should have fixed it when you had the chance, for the past 6 months or more.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the kind words! Unfortunately I think a lot of people are still being tricked into buying subscriptions for nothing - please spread the word! They do not deserve anyones money, much less people trying to be cheap and do their own work on their car.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr.Loops - the parent company, VerticalScope, is based in Canada. Are you aware of any consumer protection or scam prevention laws which would apply to this situation? I believe there are several in the US but since they're in Canada I don't think our laws apply, certainly not directly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
newby question - Can someone share a link in this forum to the history of the problem and who would be paying for any subscriptions?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Some overlapping examples, I think the links are to me but just scroll to the top of the page to get to the beginning of the discussion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts