VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHICH ONE? I don't plan on doing any radical tuning, but would like to program my door locks,
eliminate the CEL after I block off the EGR, and dial in my IP after swapping in a new metering control module.

I've looked over the ross-tech site and after several minutes of following links that if I didn't seek professional help that I'd likely spend more than I need to make it work. Hoping that someone here
has sorted out the minimum purchase requirements from them. Yes, looked for an FAQ... searched on ross-tech and came up with two unrelated topics... :)

Have a 2003 TDI/ALH 5spd jetta wagon...

WHICH VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic System) Product?
http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VAGCOM

Would use only USB...

thanx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased my hex cable for $450. and it needs a com port (serial connector), it was long b4 the USB variety. Your correct their site is hard to navigate. Dan

·
Super Moderator
9,390 Posts
I purchased my hex cable for $450. and it needs a com port (serial connector)
Well COM ports aren't easy to find on a laptop, I know you can get USB to COM convertors but thats more hazzle. The newer VCDS are USB so its easy and they are no where near that price. The only place you will get one is from Ross-Tech or one of their dealers. I've just bought one VCDS for Christmas.

VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic System) License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface

Merry Christmas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts