VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
VCDS Mod: Bi-Xenon's and halogen Hi-Beams (Simultaneous) 2010 TDI SEDAN ONLY

So, first off I did a quick search and haven't seen this posted so I thought I'd share but I apologize if this is a repost.

Requirements:
VCDS
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan ONLY with OEM Bi-Xenons

I came across this mod while upgrading my 2010 MK5 Jetta TDI Sedan's (which has MK6 central electronics) halogen headlights to the OEM Bi-Xenon headlights from MK5 GLI/GTI's and this was a temporary workaround for not having the bi-xenon shutters wired in yet.

As an added bonus, this also disables the open door chime!

On with the steps:

First, the instrument cluster has to be coded to GB (Great Britain) by going to 17-Instruments and click coding:

Then long coding helper, switch byte 0 from (20) US to (40) GB:

Hit esc when done.

New coding should look as follows, US (old):271F00 to GB (new):471F00:

Click "Do It." You will now notice that your cluster has changed units to metric and Celsius. You can change these back through the MFD menus.

Now, enter 09-Cent Elect:

Then coding, followed by long coding helper. Go to the very last byte (29) and check "Momentary switch for high beam":

Hit ESC then Do It to set the new coding.

Test!

Enjoy having the halogens and bi-xenons for high beams!

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Is it necessary to switch to UK coding for the momentary switch option?

Looking forward to the full writeup!
You can check the momentary switch option but it won't enable the high beams with the headlights on unless you set the instrument cluster to GB.

The full 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan OEM bi-xenon writeup will be created once I have the project 100%. It will include running the lights this way which doesn't involve a CECM upgrade or the wiring of the bi-xenon triggers to the CECM (so no bi-xenon support, xenon lows with halogen highs). And I've been thinking about this also, it may be possible to splice the pin 11 shutter trigger wire to the hi-beam wire to flip the trigger all right at the headlights (with the above mentioned procedure).

The writeup will also include a full hi-line CECM upgrade procedure with full OEM bi-xenon support, OEM fog support, rear fog, euro switch and all wiring necessary to make MY 2010 Jetta TDI DSG Sedan work properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wiring Pin 11 directly to high beam wire (pin 8)

One doubt. Had someone connected directly the pin 11 to the high beam pin/wire (pin 8)?

This could be an option in other MK5, if you don't want to mess with CECM? (assuming you have upgraded your beams, have everything working and just have the bi-xenon shutter as a pending issue)

Also we could add a small relay/logic to allow power to Pin 11 only when both high and low beam wires are on.

Rgs

Pablo

You can check the momentary switch option but it won't enable the high beams with the headlights on unless you set the instrument cluster to GB.

The full 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan OEM bi-xenon writeup will be created once I have the project 100%. It will include running the lights this way which doesn't involve a CECM upgrade or the wiring of the bi-xenon triggers to the CECM (so no bi-xenon support, xenon lows with halogen highs). And I've been thinking about this also, it may be possible to splice the pin 11 shutter trigger wire to the hi-beam wire to flip the trigger all right at the headlights (with the above mentioned procedure).

The writeup will also include a full hi-line CECM upgrade procedure with full OEM bi-xenon support, OEM fog support, rear fog, euro switch and all wiring necessary to make MY 2010 Jetta TDI DSG Sedan work properly.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One doubt. Had someone connected directly the pin 11 to the high beam pin/wire (pin 8)?

This could be an option in other MK5, if you don't want to mess with CECM? (assuming you have upgraded your beams, have everything working and just have the bi-xenon shutter as a pending issue)

Also we could add a small relay/logic to allow power to Pin 11 only when both high and low beam wires are on.

Rgs

Pablo
It really wouldn't matter regardless. Even if the low beams were off and you were to pull the "flash to pass" the halogen high beams would light and the shutter in the projector would flip (although the projector isn't lit). This would not hurt anything other then putting unnecessary usage wear on the shutter mechanism. Overall, still not the best way to complete the job correctly but some aren't as daring as I to go a head with the CECM upgrade (which is now complete :) ) but It'd still get the job done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts