VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there:
I have a 2011 Golf TDI and I would like to find someone with a VCDS to enable the remote windows/moonroof open/close feature. I'd be happy to pay for your time in doing it. Please reply and let me know if you have one and are able to help me out. I live in Salem, but would travel most anywhere in the Pacific Northwest (down to SF even) to get this done.
Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
US cars don't have that enabled, Keith. You have to VCDS them.

Shortly after I got my car, I borrowed a cable from a guy in Astoria. Don't have his contact info now. I plan to get my own eventually, but haven't got around to it yet. Seems like I saw two or three people in the Portland area when I scanned Vortex on this.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Well if he doesn't want to buy his own cable he can browse Vag-Com Locator Map though this map is never up to date or go back to the dealer and ask them to change it for him?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The dealer equivalent of VCDS has been gutted for the US market. There are many bit missing in their system and they have no way to address them. (Unless they are progressive enough to have a VCDS as well as the normal US system. Some do, most don't.)

This mod is one that the US interface can not change, it's been locked out by VWoA.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Well I've asked this question with one of my friends at work who used to work for VW. Do the have VCDS/VAG-COM on a laptop so they can go out to vehicles with problems rather than taking the VW machine. His dealer had a laptop with the VCDS on and the lead but the VW machine isn't that big so that can be portable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Kewl, I'll hit you up when my euro switch arrives.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You're welcome. Great to meet you and hope you like the changes. :)
Luvin' the changes! :nana2: Thanks again!

Hope the OP found someone up in his area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts